CSM has conducted hundreds of assessments of Catholic schools and school systems across the United States to provide the “turnaround” desired by Catholic high schools, middle schools, elementary schools, preschools , and PreK to Grade 12 systems of schools.
CSM offers a range of approaches to the assessment process to assist owners, Board members, and school leaders in identifying strengths and areas for improvement to promote the long-term vitality and viability of a Catholic school. Arch/diocesan, parish-based, religious order sponsored, and privately owned Catholic schools have all benefitted from the clear road map of recommendations and supporting timelines and resources resulting from any CSM assessment service. All assessment services are:
- Aligned with the four domains of the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools;
- Grounded in the use of quantitative and qualitative data to understand past, present, and future conditions and considerations for school vitality;
- Informed by the research surrounding Catholic schools as well as understanding of the competitive landscape inclusive of public, charter, selective enrollment, private independent, home school, and other faith-based schooling options;
- Supplemented with support for communications to internal and external communities from announcement to conclusion of any assessment process;
- Conducted by skilled teams of CSM staff who bring expertise and experience as well as practical and pragmatic solutions to the unique circumstances of each school.
WHAT KIND OF ASSESSMENT DO YOU NEED?
- The Limited Institutional Assessment (LIA)
- Specialized Assessments and Audits
Specific programs or departments can be investigated with a level of detail that provides the basis for comprehensive plans to reach desired goals. Areas include: marketing and enrollment, development programs, social media, ownership and governance models, administrative structure, technology, guidance and counseling, student life, Christian service, and more.
A baseline diagnostic tool, the Exploratory Interview process provides a quick and stream-lined approach to the identification of the most major findings and related recommendations for school viability.
Any assessment service can be modified to address particular areas of need or investigation through the addition of:
- Demographic studies;
- Online Surveys of specific or broad based constituent group perceptions;
- Executive report summaries and/or the professional delivery of reports of findings and recommendations to key stakeholder groups.
Contact CSM today to discuss which assessment service best meets your needs and to receive a customized proposal.
CSM Leadership Team and Consultants
CSM Mission & Vision
Webinars on Demand
Resources & Tools Testimonials"We could never have reached this point of clarity and direction without third-party intervention, and, on behalf of our school, we are so grateful."
-Kelly Lange, Board Chair
Stella Maris Academy The Value of CSM Services"Thank you so much for the informative meeting with the School Board. I was very anxious. I really wanted to learn how we could advance our mission and help direct policy. I have been praying for a miracle and I think you are it."
-Kelly Joyce, Board Member
St. Mary's Institute "This is a fantastic program that provides a wealth of information to help administrators, faculty and staff set and achieve goals. You provide the necessary tools which develops each school's road map for advancement."
-Haidee Todora, Director of Schools
Rochester Catholic Schools Email:
CSM Office email@example.com