|Health Plans and Related Benefits
We are pleased to announce that the answers to many of your questions asked during the Christian Brothers Employee Benefit Trust’s Healthcare Reform Q&A Webinar are now available on our website. Please click here to view the Healthcare Reform FAQs.
We also understand that after our Healthcare Reform webinar and the completion of our FAQs, the Obama administration unexpectedly announced it is delaying the employer mandate under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) until 2015. The mandate - which requires mid-sized and large employers to offer health insurance coverage to their workers - was one of the main requirements of the health care overhaul that was set to go into effect Jan. 1, 2014. This delay, and any other changes thereafter, is not reflected in this piece. For more information, please visit HealthCare.gov or cbservices.org.
We would also like to inform you of our next Healthcare Reform webinar, which will take place on Thursday, October 10th from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Central Time. Details about this webinar are still developing, and it will not be a repeat of previous Healthcare Reform Update webinars. For more information and registration, please visit mycbs.org. All webinars are FREE to members.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Christian Brothers Services Benefit Representative. We appreciate your membership and the opportunity to provide you with superior healthcare benefits.
The medical plan provides comprehensive benefits, including preventive care, with a choice of deductibles and co-payment levels. Managed care has brought about cost-effective plan utilization without sacrificing quality. The Trust has negotiated with several regional and national PPO networks to obtain significant discounts off billed charges.
Our dental plan is a comprehensive plan providing preventive, basic, and major dental care, with the freedom of choice of providers. We also have an orthodontia plan available that can be added at the employer’s request.
Prescription drug coverage is available with all medical plan designs. The integrated plan provided through Medco offers prescription service at both retail and mail order pharmacies. The program includes over 99% of all retail pharmacies across the United States. Our long-term home delivery program can offer significant savings to participants with the ease of no hassle refills.
Although the medical plan provides coverage for medical conditions, our vision plan assists in covering the cost for exams, lenses and frames. The participants are able to seek care from any provider they choose. A discount program through Vision Service Plan (VSP) is available to all Employee Benefit Trust members.
Services for Employers
- Customized plan design, which allows employers to select/create coverage to fit the needs of their employees
- Flexible group enrollment
- Secure internet transactions for roster and enrollment changes
- Free benefit booklets available in electronic format and traditional hard copy
- Full compliance with HIPAA, including the privacy and security of personal health information
- Cost containment reports
- Group presentations to employees upon request
- Convenient, annual on-site wellness screenings and flu shot programs for participants
- Utilization review and chronic case management services
- Patient advocate focus and outcome management to assist chronically ill patients
Services for Employees
- Patient safety solutions, proven to enhance safety and quality of care while reducing overall healthcare costs
- Access to transplant providers with the highest success ratios
- Timely, efficient benefit payments using a contemporary claims processing system
- Full-time customer service representatives with exclusive toll-free access on claim inquiries, benefit details and coverage issues
- Online access to explanation of benefits and other health information
- Website access to PPO networks, physician referral and health information
- Lab card program for cost savings on laboratory testing
- Advanced therapeutic intervention program, to review prescriptions and avoid adverse drug reactions
- Free annual health screening to detect potential health deficiencies
- A broad range of health and wellness programs to keep members and their families as healthy as possible