Governance Structures & School Board Development
Ensuring the existence of effective governance structures and providing resources that support strong board functioning are essential for the long-term viability and vitality of Catholic schools.
Features of CSM Governance and School Board Services
- Full-day, half-day, or seminar series for board and board committee orientation and trainings presented by dynamic and experienced CSM consultants
- Sessions customized for the needs of members of ownership or sponsorship, individual schools, school systems, diocesan cohorts of schools, diocesan school boards, and parent-teacher organizations
- Professional consultation and guidance in effective models of governance and development of appropriate bylaws and governing structures
- Video-conference options for just-in-time or special topic training sessions
- Extensive Board Member Resource notebooks and support materials for training and to guide future operations
- Mentoring for chief administrators and board chairs
Results of CSM Governance and School Board Services
- Clearly articulated and well-designed structures
- Bylaws and guiding documents that align with current best practices and clarify roles and responsibilities at all levels
- Reflection of Canon Law and civil legal considerations
- Successful orientation and formation of board members
- Better board meetings with improved overall functioning, communication, and continuity
today to enhance governance structure and functioning and to build a more effective School Board.